This is my afternoon serving of fruits and veggies! This one is super fast, super easy and not a lot of ingredients….lots of greens (gagged a little), but it isn’t the “color” and it’s the right amount of sweet (and tart) for after lunch!
32 ounces of Pineapple Juice (Pure/Organic): Amazing source of bromelain, helps with inflammation.
(1) Whole Lemon, rind, seeds and all. Organic. See “Smoothie Time” for explanation. 😉
(1) Whole Lime, rind, seeds and all. Organic. See above! 🙂
(1) cup to 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries. Organic! Costco has great big bags of these! Hmmmmm…..seems to be a pattern here. Do you think I spend some time at Costco?
(2) to (3) cups of dark, green, leafy veggies. Spinach, kale, wheat grass…whatever you like…the darker the better!
(1) cup frozen avocado chunks. (Ummmm….starts with a C ends with an O. It’s Costco…in case you are tired and needed a hint).
I mix this until it is a smooth consistency with NO EVIDENCE of any foliage in the beverage! It turns out almost the same color as the a.m. smoothie (thank you blueberries!), so make sure you find a way to differentiate! This batch will also make 5 servings. Rough estimate would be 10 to 12 ounces each. Don’t forget to leave room for ice!
IMPORTANT HELPFUL HINT! Freeze the lemon and limes. Take them out a few minutes before you need them, wash, quarter and drop them in!