Another amazing supplement that I have found, and is backed by tons of research is “Modified Citrus Pectin”. This is a complex sugar found in fruit peel. I started this after my lumpectomy and only wish I would have known about it before going under the knife. Why? It makes cancer cells “slippery”, making it difficult to “stick together”. If they cant congregate together, they cant create a tumor!
Here are a few key attributes of this “hidden in plain site” gem:
- Reduces growth of cancer.
- Reduces spread.
- Enhances chemotherapy even in some of the most resistant cancers and protects against radiotherapy negative effects.
- Boosts immune system.
- Detoxifies body of heavy metals like mercury, lead, chromium and arsenic. Has shown to reduce heavy metals by 74%!
- Reduces cancer aggressiveness and metastasis.
- Helps in fighting highly inflammatory conditions, like cancer. *If you are a cancer patient, you know that inflammation is the enemy. Alot of my regime with supplements is to combat inflammation. My “proof” is reduction of neutrophils in my blood work by over 2500 points in 2 years.
- Helps prevent formation of new blood vessels that feed cancer.
- Activates B-lymphocytes, as well as T-cytotoxic and natural killer cells which attack cancer.
Pectin is a carbohydrate substance in the inner cell walls of most plants and peels. It is especially prevalent in citrus fruits including grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges.
MCP helps the immune system to recognize cancer by prohibiting “galectin 3”. Galectin 3 helps cancer avoid cell death, also known as apoptosis. So, when there is less of galectin 3, the immune system can find and destroy cancer cells.
A 2011 study found that MCP stimulated immune cells to kill leukemia cells in culture. The study showed a 10 fold increase in NK cell activity (natural killer).
A powerful combination is MCP and Magnolia Bark (honokiol/relora). These two create another powerful antioxidant combo that inhibit the overproduction of harmful inflammation promotors.
In another trial, MCP was used in combination with “Breast Defend” and was found to inhibit the adhesion and spread of breast cancer cells.
If this information doesn’t peek your interest into the marvels of nature and what she provides, you need to check your pulse!
I prefer a brand of MCP called ecoNugenics PectaSol-C. I purchase mine on Amazon.
Next up: Super Combo E/Selenium.