Zinc is one of those long used supplements that all of us, at one time or another, have used to stifle a cold. Did you know that it benefits more than it’s supporting role in the immune system?
It is a powerful antioxidant that is also credited for:
- Aiding the digestive system.
- Helps treat an inflammatory condition of the skin called eczema, which for those of us who suffer from it, will take all the help we can get! It is said that this skin condition can be linked to a zinc deficiency!
- Effective against pimples!
- Has been shown to help control diabetes.
- Reduces stress.
- Improves metabolism.
- Helps wounds heal quicker.
- Improves immunity.
- Helps synthesize proteins in the body.
- Regulates and controls testosterone.
- Involved in collagen synthesis.
- Helps reduce appearance of scars.
- Helps stimulate white blood cell activity which can shorten a cold.
- Improves sense of taste and smell.
- Decreases oxidative stress, which can help prevent cancer.
- Gives alopecia patients relief as it helps strengthen hair.
- Appetite suppressant.
- 15 mg. Per day can help with prostate disorders including swelling.
- Helps with night 🌙blindness.
- Helps prevent bone loss! That is a big deal for those of us on maintenance drugs for cancer, which are notorious for causing bone thinning!
My naturopathic oncologist recommended this supplement be taken October to May.
As always, I recommend a good brand! My favorite is NOW brand zinc.
Helpful Hint: At my last doctors appointment, she mentioned to me, the “single most important thing a cancer survivor can do is to “break a sweat” everyday!” This is where music comes in! Get out and walk…for at least 30 minutes, vigorously (you know…SWEAT!) at least 6 days a week! I find music the best “motivator” and plugging in my earbuds to some Breaking Benjamin❤, 3 Days Grace, or anything like that, pumps me up and pushes me thru! Not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s my walk! You do you😊!
Full disclosure…I am good 5 nights per week for my walks…I count cleaning day as my 6th day…on account of…there is NO WAY IN HELL that I am going for a vigorous walk after cleaning up after this fam! Good enuff I say!
New ❤❤❤❤: Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk!!! Holy not-cow! Yummm!!!
I had to find a way to get more calcium! I am learning more and more about our dairy and am steering clear…will fill you in later…but, ponder this for a bit: We are the ONLY species that consumes another species breast milk! More on that as I learn. But….think about that for a minute.
As always…bottom line, after all of that, Silk is great stuff!!!
Now that camping season is over….sorry for the lag in posts, I will be more diligent about posting! I have much to say!!!😯
Updates: Married son, his wife and their two cats have successfully merged with our home of myself, the hubs, our dog and three cats. 😲 That’s right…🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐕🚹🚹🚺🚺 in a 🏡 the size of a 👠box! (Found the emojis!!!😯😃😕😏😪)
Did I mention that one of my three cats was once one of my son’s cats (the one currently checked in to our B & B) until his landlord found out he had three? Mom to the rescue…again!
Meanwhile, up the road a piece…
My youngest and his girlfriend are busy getting ready for the arrival of their son…which, ofcourse is my grandson!!!
This is my little guy! Looking so forward to meeting him!!!
Ok…that’s enough for now!!! See you soon!